Temecula Child Custody Attorneys; child custody is one of the most important and frequently contested aspects of a divorce, and understanding how to properly proceed is the first step in empowering yourself to protect your parental rights and to ensure the best future for your children, including securing the proper child support agreement to protect you and your children’s future.
There are also several steps to determining custody and visitation, so do not expect that this process will happen quickly. With a number of evaluations to be performed and decisions to be made, you will need to arm yourself with knowledge to protect your parental rights.
Child Custody Mediation
In many divorces, child custody is determined through mediation. With mediation, most parties are able to amicably resolve their differences and to minimize the affect of the custody battle on the child.
Custody And The Courts
In deciding a child custody case, there are many factors that a court will take into consideration. Most importantly, the court’s greatest concern is to protect and promote what will be the most beneficial situation for the children, also known as “the best interest of the children”. Factors that a court will take into consideration include:
- The age and health of the children
- Emotional ties between the parents and the children
- Which parent has been the primary parent
- The amount of time that each parent spends with the children
- Any history of family violence or substance abuse by either parent
- The children’s current living environment
- The employment and ability of both parents to properly care for the child
Schedule a Consultation
Call our Murrieta/Temecula office at 951-296-5360 to schedule a consultation with one of our child custody lawyers, we are here to help you in protecting your parental rights and ensuring the best outcome for you and your children.